How can I legally work and live in the US?

Guys first of all let me say I am not your typical Mexican. I am 33 and was born, raised and live in Tijuana Mexico across from San Diego CA.

I am a music artist just signed by a record label in the UK (England).
I do English and Scottish brogues for commercials and videos as well as character voices for dubbing movies (from English 2 Spanish and viceversa)
I have a T-Shirt brand I made up
I have a BA in Communications and advertising
I have been a TV reporter and sportscaster (Have covered the Superbowl, dude I’ve been to a Superbowl! Check off my bucket list ;-) .
I speak English as good as Spanish
I am a published author (albeit in English travel magazines, but published non-the-less)
I’m a rambling Mexican, I have traveled through Europe for months at a time, have driven from New York to Seattle and then to San Diego also for months.
I played football (American Football, not soccer) for 8 years (since junior high to college)
I am a freelance creative copywriter for ad agencies

As you can see I do not fit the first connotation (racist or not) people have set as a paradigm or preconception for Mexicans. But man, due to so many of my “paisanos” being in the US illegally it is so stinkin difficult for those of us who would like a shot at trying our talents there legally to even get a shot.

Those are my creative characteristics, also note worthy is I am skilled in sales techniques and train sales teams on how to be more efficient and effective.

I can travel into and out off the US at will. I have had a a visitor visa all my life and renew it every 10 years. But I am also a law abiding citizen and would never work in the US illegally, so…

Suggestions anyone? Cuz unless you are a doctor/nurse or have engineering phd or what-not you are not even considered. Anyone know of a good alternative? maybe one the Obama administration has instituted?

This entry was posted in Nursing Videos and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to How can I legally work and live in the US?

  1. Rob B says:

    Have you tried going to the US Consulate in TJ and asking them? I live in San Diego and know plenty of Mexican-born people legally in the US who are not doctors/nurses or have PhD’s in Engineering. Most are every day working folk.

    I’m not saying it will be easy or quick, but it is possible.

  2. Javed I says:

    US is 2nd home for Maxicans

  3. Sidwell says:

    As a self employed person you could apply to immigrate to Canada instead. Your skills are in demand here.

    The Self-Employed Persons Program seeks to attract applicants who have the intention and ability to become self-employed in Canada.

    Self-employed persons are required to have:

    relevant experience that will make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada.

  4. rlstaehle says:

    O.K. you said you speak English as “good” as spanish. You should have said “well” instead of “good”. Also you ask ” how can I legally work, and live in the U.S.” Then you state you are a law abiding citizen. If you were a citizen, you would be able to live, and work in the U.S. legally.
    It would seem that you have enough education, and as a writer you should be well versed in how to go about doing the research. Something seems to be missing, as in what is the whole story?

  5. Cali says:

    Are you kidding? You’ve just described half the unemployed population of Los Angeles. LEGAL citizens with all your job skills who can’t catch a break because the economy, even media, is falling apart. Why do you suppose the U.S. can absorb anyone who wants to live here? I have relatives in Mexico who work there and try to make it a better country. I suggest you do the same.

  6. chuckles951 says:

    If you are a musician, you can see if you can get a US label to sign you and sponsor you for what I think is an “O” class visa.

    Otherwise, there is not much else you can do other than marry a US citizen.